What is the EcoVadis assessment?
The EcoVadis assessment is a paid service that ranks a business’s sustainability management system using expert documentation analysis. All businesses have access to the evaluation, which can be used as a tool to guarantee supply chain transparency. Companies (or “buyers”) can invite their suppliers to participate in the EcoVadis assessment by sending them a request. Following the invitation, the suppliers will receive notifications about the assessment’s progress and outcomes.
The EcoVadis methodology’s goal is to assess a company’s sustainability management system’s effectiveness based on its policies, actions & results..
How to get EcoVadis Certified?
There are a few steps to get EcoVadis certifications.
Step 1: Registration
Registering on the EcoVadis website is the first step towards obtaining an EcoVadis certification. You will be required to update your contact information, establish a company profile, and describe your line of business. EcoVadis uses this data to create a specific questionnaire for your company, depending on its size, industrial sector, and country of operations.
You should click the link in the invitation email if your business was asked to participate in an EcoVadis evaluation. By doing this, the inquiring company will be able to monitor your progress and be informed when your results are published.
Step 2: Questionnaire
You will automatically receive a notification with your username and a link to generate your password after your registration has been received and processed. This will allow you to access the EcoVadis platform and begin filling out the sustainability questionnaire for your business. The questionnaire will ask you for supporting documentation as you fill it out. Supporting documentation is necessary for EcoVadis sustainability analysts to validate your company’s sustainability management systems. By default, all given documents are confidential and won’t be disclosed to the companies you’ve asked for it from.
Step 3: Expert Analysis
After attempting the questionnaire, Ecovadis sustainability expert analyst team will deeply examine and analyze the answers and supporting documents. This process takes a long time, about 6-8 weeks, and depends entirely on the complexity and the number of documents submitted. The Global Reporting Index (GRI), ISO 26000, and the Global Compact’s tenets are only a few worldwide standards that form the foundation of the EcoVadis approach for evaluating a company’s sustainability management systems.
Step 4: Results
The final step is the result; the official scorecard will be available on the website, or an email will be sent to you on the result day. Scorecards will be available for 12 months and can be shared on Ecovadis platform based on subscription plans.
What are the benefits of the EcoVadis certification process?
The EcoVadis Rating, including implications on the environment, labor and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement, covers a wide range of non-financial management systems.
Each company is evaluated on material difficulties according to their size, location, and industry.
These scientific evaluations are streamlined into simple scorecards with medals (bronze, silver, or gold), when appropriate, and scores from 0 to 100 (0-100). The rated organizations may also utilize the scorecards’ advice on strengths and improvement areas to concentrate their sustainability activities and create corrective action plans to enhance their sustainability performance.
These are the benefits of Ecovadis certification/assessment:
- With ratings on four categories (Environment, Labour & Human Rights, Ethics, and Sustainable Procurement), you may learn more about your company’s sustainability record. The ratings also include information on any areas that need improvement.
- EvoVadis certification creates a brand and promotes innovation. Leading businesses are creating innovative, sustainable goods and business prospects in collaboration with top-performing trading partners.
- Through the EcoVadis platform, you can share your company’s sustainability performance with numerous trading partners and promptly inform your network of any necessary corrections and reevaluations.
- The EcoVadis certification is a collaborative tool and assists in partnering with trading companies. For sharing your company’s sustainability performance outside the network, the Premium and Corporate subscription levels give you access to a wealth of tools, including the scorecard PDF, EcoVadis Rating Certificate, and other resources.
- Adopt a continual improvement strategy by routinely reviewing your CSR performance.
On a variety of crucial CSR-related problems that are relevant to diverse industries, EcoVadis can assist you in gaining insight into the effectiveness of your management cycle. It compares you to your peers and identifies both your management cycle’s strong aspects and potential areas for development.