What is SEDEX?
SEDEX is a leading online platform where an organization can participate and share data related to its working conditions that includes compliance with Labour Standards, Health & Safety, Environment and Business EThics. Such ethical data exchange helps in improving working conditions in the global supply chain. SEDEX platform provides tools, services, and a community network that helps organizations in improving their responsible and sustainable business practices.
Benefits of SEDEX Platform
ENABLE RESPONSIBLE SOURCING THROUGH COLLABORATION AND INFORMATION GATHERING AND SHARING
MAKE SUPPLY CHAIN TRANSPARENCY SIMPLE THROUGH EASY TO USE TOOLS AND SERVICES THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO ALL BUSINESSES
PROTECT PEOPLE, THE ENVIRONMENT AND BUSINESS BY PROACTIVELY IDENTIFYING AND MANAGING RISK
ENABLE SUSTAINABLE AND RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS THROUGH TECHNOLOGICAL SOLUTIONS.
IMPROVING GENDER EQUALITY THROUGHOUT THE SUPPLY CHAIN
BETTER DETECTION AND REMEDIATION OF FORCED LABOUR
BUILDING SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOODS
ENABLING WORKER REPRESENTATION.
What is SMETA Audit?
- SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) evaluates organizations based on standards of labour, health and safety, environment and business ethics. This audit is also known as a Social audit.
- SMETA 2 Pillar audit covers Labour Standards and Health & Safety as audit criteria.
- SMETA 4 Pillar audit covers Labour Standards, Health & Safety, Environment and Business ethics as audit criteria.
- SMETA criteria and checklists are helping auditors to conduct high-quality audits covers all aspects of responsible business practice. Auditors are associated with SEDEX Affiliated audit companies.
- SMETA Criteria and checklists are also helping organizations to share one audit findings with multiple customers, meeting multiple customer requirements and reducing duplication.
Process of Undergoing SMETA audit and sharing data on SEDEX Platform
Decide to go for SMETA 2 pillar or SMETA 4 pillar audits.
Understand SMETA requirements for 2 pillar ( Labour standards, Health & Safety ) or SMETA requirements for 4 pillar ( Labour standards, Health & Safety, Environment and Business ethics)
Do necessary preparedness to meet SMETA requirements.
Maintain evidences of compliance with SMETA requirements
Do registration on SEDEX Portal
Complete SAQ on SEDEX platform
Contact SEDEX affiliated audit agency
Undergo through SMETA audit by SEDEX Affiliated audit agency
After completion of audit, Affiliated audit agency will upload Audit report on SEDEX portal
Take necessary corrective actions on Audit findings and upload same in SEDEX platform